We have a fantastic opportunity for two Transport Planners to join our team in Galway.
Job Purpose: Responsible for controlling the efficient deployment and routing of delivery vehicles around Ireland /UK/Europe. This will include route planning, allocating resources and administrating delivery metrics on a day-to-day basis. The Transport Planning Manager will help deliver first-class customer service through agreed KPI’s that maximise vehicle and manpower utilisation within a targeted budget. You will also contribute towards workplace health & safety standards whilst ensuring regulatory compliance is adhered to.
- Plan workloads ensuring compliance with driver’s hours and working time directive legislation.
- Using geographical knowledge to maximise the fleet ability to work
- Effective planning to minimise running costs, and meet vehicle daily revenue target maintaining customer service
- Supervising and managing driver workloads
- Sourcing extra drivers when needed
- Reacting to route planning changes when needed and re-routing
- Ensuring all planning systems are updated to reflect any changes KPI’s
- Responsible for providing a detailed and accurate handover to the next shift if required
- Maintaining driver and depot communication
- Ensuring drivers have the correct jobs
- Ensuring drivers are on time (using software installed)
- Responsible for driver queries face to face and via telephone
- Ensuring drivers are up to date with any road problems and challenging drivers when needed to ensure Deliveries are on time
- Working within a team of planners, to achieve the common goal of effectively servicing our current client base
- Planning drivers work to align to vehicle periodic maintenance and defect repairs
- Liaise with Site Managers, to obtain and provide key information such as ETAs
- Escalating any customer issues and drivers’ issues to the Operations Manager/Transport Manager
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of working as a Transport Planner within a busy, fast-paced transport office
- Driver management
- A solid understanding of Transport operating systems
- A knowledge of tachograph regulations
- Able to organise workload in a consistent and methodical way
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship building and a strong communicator.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative
- High levels of drive and enthusiasm
- Meticulous in their approach
- Dynamic and proactive
- Numerate and IT literate
Monday-Friday (one Sunday per month )
If you feel you have the qualities to join our fast-growing team, then apply below today.