We are seeking to hire a strong Cost Accountant to join our team. A newly established role due to ongoing growth.
Reporting directly to the General Manager – this position will give you a fixed and focused career path within a fantastic Galway company.
Main Elements of the Role
- Perform strong analytics and develops insight used to build monthly financial forecasts, Budgets, and Strategic Plans.
- Assist in the preparation of reporting packages and analysis of the commercial financial performance, identify and evaluate key business metrics and trends.
- Analyze actual versus forecasted and budgeted financial results.
- Provide variance analysis highlighting key business drivers as required for executive reporting, project status and expense status.
- Develop modelling and analysis to assess and challenge commercial forecasts and transfer them into a financial plan.
- Reviews, challenges, and analyzes product level plans.
- Analyze and evaluate budget and forecast data, calculations and underlying assumptions from both a business and financial perspective.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of information used in reporting, analysis, and decision-making by thoroughly analyzing conditions, trends, and facts.
- Build and maintain sound and reliable business relationships across the organization.
- Act as a resource for non-financial personnel on matters of accounting, finance and analysis.
- Assist with ad hoc requests on business performance and continually evaluates planning assumptions.
Skills and Experience required:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified desired
- 2-5 years in a similar role
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
If you are a Qualified Accountant with a desire to work for a company that is going places. Apply with your most recent CV to Mary@otooletransport.com for immediate consideration.